SUNNY DUNES 5TH TRADITION GROUP
STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING
MINUTES AUG 9, 2021
Chairman: Gerard K., Co-Chair: Michael K., Secretary: Michael C., Treasurer: Meredith J., Auditor: Michael S., General Services Representative: Leonard L., Grapevine: John G., Intergroup Rep: Jesse G., Supplies: Mike H., Telephone List: Tommy R., Webmaster: Todd S., Zoom Coordinator: Michael P (12)
1. Call to order: Chairman Gerard K. opened the meeting at 6:30 pm with the Serenity Prayer and read the Mission statement. The Twelve Traditions of AA were read.
2. Roll Call. Secretary Michael C did the roll call. The following Secretaries were in attendance.
In person meetings: Monday-7am, Noon, 5:30, 8pm: Tuesday-7am, 8:30, Noon: Wednesday-7am, Noon, 5:30, 8:30: Thursday-8:30, Noon: Friday-7am, 830am, 10am, Noon, 530pm, 7pm: Saturday-7am, 8:30am,1:30pm, 6pm, 10p: Sunday 7am, 11:30am, 5:30pm, 8:30p, (28)
Zoom Meetings: Monday-7am, Noon, 530: Tuesday-430: Thursday-7am; Friday-10am, 2pm: Saturday-10 am: Sunday 7 am, 5:30pm. (10)
Members at large 15
Committee Members 12 Secretaries 38. 50 + 15 = 65 TOTAL:
3. Secretaries Report: Michael C., Read minutes from July 12. One clarification about the reduction of the contributions from the 7th Tradition was across the board for all contributions, not just Central Office. Motion to accept, seconded and passed.
4. Co-Chair Michael K. Put up sign about regarding the newly mask mandate from the City of Palm Springs. Cleaning procedures are back and more masks have been ordered.
5. Treasures Report: Meredith J., Preliminary report was given. Live meeting secretaries are reminded to fill out an envelope and put it in the safe regardless if there is money in it.
6. Zoom Coordinator: Michael P. Continues to update the schedule.
7. Accountant: Sari H. Not Present.
8. Auditor: Michael S. All good. Reminder also about filing out the envelopes at the live meetings.
9. GSR: Leonard L. Attended the regular meeting. Renewal of its lease. Looking at doing hybrid meetings. And the elections are coming up in the fall.
10. Chips and Literature: Nikki C., Not present.
11. Supplies: Mike H. Not present
12. Intergroup Rep: Jess G. The out-Reach chair at Central office would like to start a OcSoberFest Committee as a fund raiser for Central Office. It will be held at The Palm Desert Amphitheater Park. Anyone interested in being part of the committee? Contact Alisa at Central office. Our Gratitude dinner is tentatively being scheduled in April 2022. Stay tuned for more info. The Southern California AA Convention is September 17th thru the 19th. Refer to website.
13. Grapevine: John G. Nothing new to report.
14. Webmaster: Todd S. Website is up and running. Nothing new to report.
15. Phone list: Tommy. Have begun the process of merging the live and ZOOM telephone lists.
16. Chairman Report: Gerard K.,
a. Tonight is the vote of the motion on the floor– to change the bylaws and to add the Zoom coordinator to the executive committee.
Point of order from the floor to indicate that in addition to Secretaries voting members of the executive board and regular steering committee are eligible to vote.
Show of hands vote was done: 28 No and 22 Yes MOTION DID NOT CARRY
b. The bylaws committee has begun to form with more information to follow.
c. Next month at the steering committee meeting elections of ALL officers will take place.
d. Michael C to introduce the idea (rather than make a motion) that Sunny Dunes 5th Tradition Group pick up from where it left off many years to ago to obtain a non -profit status 501c3.
Members have mixed feelings and ideas about this. More discussion to follow.
Motion to adjourn. Second. At 7:43 pm
Meeting ended with Serenity prayer,
Thank you for letting me be of service.
Michael C Secretary.